04 September 2011

Week one of unemployment


October 24, 2007
Current mood:hopeful
Today is the beginning of week two. First, let me show you how I quit my job, technology is a wonderful thing:

Date: Thursday, October 18th
Subject: Employment at WPIC, MT General Adult II

Dear Ms. Kurzdorfer:
My name is Jennifer XXXXXXXXXX and I have been employed as a Milieu Therapist at WPIC since September 4, 2007. However I wish to notify you that today is, for me, Quit Your Job Day. It is an exciting day for me, please send positive energy my way. 
I have been working in Mental Health for over 3 years and I just don't care anymore and I care even less after having experienced the disaster that is 7A/7W. I just don't have the energy to dread going to work everyday or to spend a few minutes here and there crying while I am on the clock. Your hospital has hurt my soul to the point that I almost want to commit myself. As you can see, it's just not good for me.
Thank you for the opportunity to exasperate my own depression, I am now experiencing physical symptoms as well. 
Kindly alert my NCM(s) of my desire to terminate my employment with UPMC: Betsy Fitzgerald, 7th floor, WPIC. I will not be accepting phone calls regarding my decision as it is final. I will happily return my company property (badges, keys, and "body button") in the very near future, either to the receptionist at WPIC or by mail, no worries.

Thank you,
Jennifer XXXXXXXXXX

and the response:

Tue, 23 Oct 2007 
Hi Jennifer

I just returned from vacation and saw your e email. I am very sorry that your experience was not a positive one. I would like to conduct an exit interview to discuss these issues. Please contact me at 412-647-2017 

Yeah, well that's over, no hard feelings. I mailed my shit back on Monday.

I've sent multiple resumes here and there but believe most of the places are still in the collecting phase so not worried yet. Trying to do 3 a day. If I could get a damn library job I'd be soooo stoked. But I'd be happy to travel around with DBA folks looking at broken furniture. Not even sure what I've applied for at this point. 

I've been trying to live this "happy-go-lucky" life since moving to Pittsburgh and it seems to be going pretty well. It's much easier living here than Philly. I'm knitting again (West Ham!) and, how do I say it, working on my new found craft, wink-wink.

Send good vibes,
Heart,
Jen

Comments

Jennifer Gray
Post a comment...


    CHRI§TER
    Body button?
    • Reply
    3 years ago


    Denis
    "new found craft"?

    yeah, doesn't it feel a bit easier to live when you're not worried about getting shot all the time?

    oh, and fuck that job. 2 KUDOS!
    • Reply
    3 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment