05 September 2011

This is Not Interesting

May 26, 2008

8:33PM: About 45 minutes ago Allen asked if i would care if he peed in the grill. I said no. So he peed in the grill. It smelled bad. Now he's cleaning it out. Now he's throwing lit matches into it after dowsing it with lighter fluid. Brilliant.

Going back...

Thursday. Not the beginning of feeling crazy but a good starting point. After work went to Sharp Edge for happy hour. Met by Hedges. Also the day we found out our friend is beginning round 3 with cancer. So the whole day was kinda weird. Anyway. The waitress at Sharp Edge sucked. Then we had agreed to go to Jeremy's (Hedges) place. His lady friend has an art space and they live above. Every Thursday they have an improv group perform and it was our time to check it out. So of course I was in a panic. My anxiety has been intense lately so I made my way upstairs initially and Allen mentioned to Jeremy that I was freaking out. Then I was given a beer and sat downstairs on a couch. It turned out okay. Allen always asks what I'm afraid of when I freak out and honestly I don't know, I just get panicked. (The improv group does not know who Admiral Akbar is.) Then one of the improv dudes, the one who asked me abruptly at half time if I was having a good time, asked if we wanted to go to a bar afterward for more drinks. We came home because we were tired and Friday, 11:30AM, was our bankruptcy hearing.

We left early enough but downtown Pittsburgh is a nightmare and we couldn't figure out where to park. We made it to room 750, Liberty Place at 11:33AM. Warner, our diminutive bankruptcy lawyer, was waiting for us. Like he said, it took about 5 minutes, after 45 minutes of listening to other people's hearings.

Friday I got stir crazy and eventually ended up cleaning the bathroom, tub excluded. Our bathtub is impossible to get really clean so I just ignore it. It doesn't look or feel gross, apart from being gray in color, so it's okay.

Saturday. A bad day. I was shitty panicky all day. I remember going to Target and later laying on the floor listening to Mates of State then asking Allen to drive me to the store so I could get some Spaghetti-o's. No, wait. Target was Friday, Saturday was the baby shower for Allen's DM and his wife. That was actually somewhat pleasant despite how I feel about human reproduction. There was free beer.

Sunday I was determined to not be shitty. Slept on the couch all night with minimal discomfort. Very unusual. Woke up, Allen had already gone to the store. Pancakes were in store. Ate, then cleaned up outside a bit. Still no lawnmower. Showered. Went to Lowe's. BBQ Grill! YES! Whole Foods. Stuff to grill! Spent mucho time outside. Good times.

Comments

Post a comment...
  • charissa starr if the cancer friend you refer to is rick, its round 5.
    sucks.
    • Reply
    3 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment