18 June 2010

"Suck my left one." Odds & Ends for the Weekend

Being a woman who likes football (soccer) can be difficult, particularly at times like these.  Men become noticeably more shitty and just plain stupid in their assumption that I can't possibly understand what's going on or know what I'm saying when I talk about the game.  But most bothersome of all is the horrible person-negating dismissiveness they display.  By the way, did you know it's all about the goal differential?  Maybe you didn't know this, but guess what? I do.  Recognize.   

Allen said something funny yesterday.  He asked me if I knew "that song, 'Oh the Joy,'" the one that goes, "bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah bah."  I was seriously concerned for a minute that he might actually think it was called "Oh the Joy" instead of "Ode to Joy."  After all these years I still have trouble telling when he's being sarcastic.  


Phil Knight kinda looks like David Lo Pan.


That stupid "Samba Baby" is so not as cool as the "Smoking Baby."

In James Franco News.

And, finally:

So funny I'm still laughing, not so much at the "article" but at this line: "Kombucha is some sort of Ancient Chinese bullshit." Agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment