28 June 2010

I'm a big fan.

This past weekend was almost unbearable in so many ways.  It's been hot here, like most places, and our apartment is really good at holding in heat in the summer. Yesterday we pulled out the sheets again to cover the couch so we wouldn't sweat all over it.  On Saturday, our old oscillating fan, which came from my parents house and was at least 20 years old, started to smell like burning so we had to pitch it and bought one of those new-fangled tower fans.  It's weak.  On our shopping excursion we also came across these fancy new Dyson fans that don't have blades:

 
They only cost $300.  Yeah, that's right, $300.  Why wouldn't you just buy an air conditioner?

Anywho... There are other reasons why this weekend sucked, like the World Cup being exhausting to keep up with (Ghana! Germany! I'm losing steam!), the sudden appearance of children next door who came equipped with small fireworks that they set off at the exact same time we feed the cats, general malaise about the future, visits from Aunt Flo, NOT drinking (day 5! or is it 6?), and to top it all off, as I was getting ready for bed last night, somewhere between the kitchen and the bedroom, a giant green mosquito landed in my long, tall glass of freshly made Crystal Light. WTF?  



There's a bunch of stuff I want to do but I've been feeling too down in the dumps to actually do any of it.  Allen and I are supposed to go to Montreal this summer, and Toronto for Rue Morgue's Festival of Fear at the end of August, and I want to go to the beach, maybe in Delaware since it's been a long time since I've been there.  There are two Ren Faires to go to later this year, Pittsburgh's and the PA Ren Faire actual.  We want to go to Ohiopyle, PA for canoeing or rafting or whatever, and we even mentioned going to the HP Lovecraft Film Festival/Cthulhu Con in October but airfare alone would be around $700 if we got tickets today.  Meanwhile, I can't even handle a trip to the grocery store without some kind of freak out.  Which also happened this weekend.  Annoying.

Another footy match starts in about 15 minutes so I gotta go.  I love it, I really do, but it's wearing me out.  

Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.   

No comments:

Post a Comment