22 June 2010

"Back to the Front"

Did all y'all know that there's a connection between "Tim & Eric" and "Ink & Dagger?"  Every time I think about that it makes me uncomfortable. Just sayin'.  Wiki that.

I am desperate. Yes. Again.

Desperate for real karaoke, like it used to be. Up north.
Desperate for the beach, like it used to be. Down tha shore at Ocean City, NJ.
Desperate for a vacation. (Maine or New Orleans?)
Desperate for a friendship. (Left blank.)
Desperate to get the hell out of here. (Pittsburgh.)
(Like I would go back to work at Episcopal desperate.)
(Like drop everything desperate.)
(Like pack up the cats desperate.)
Why didn't my brother get to keep the house desperate.
When are we gonna eat crabs with Allen's parents desperate.

Yet not desperate enough to move to Little Cambodia.  Sorry fellas.  I'd rather live on Battlestar Galactica and be Starbuck cos she was tough and drunk. 

I think I miss myspace.

So today Theresa says to me: "I can't believe someone hasn't snatched you up already."
"Me neither," I replied.  "I don't know what's wrong with me."
That stumped her.
No shit.
It's like I'm some kind of timebomb.

And then Brandi was mocking faculty: "I'm so smart I don't know how to tie my shoe laces!  I've got so much going on up here I can't even fill out this form correctly..." 
Yeah, I know.  That's what happens to me.  So I'm a PhD at an AA level with a master's degree.  Shameful.

"You're good at everything," Allen says to me on Sunday.
As if that made anything easier.  It doesn't.  Good at everything but drawn to nothing.

Speaking of: I may be about to embarque on a NURSING DEGREE out of boredom and a desperate need to leave Pissburgh.  But is it something I'm interested in?  I can't say definitively but it's the only way I know to get out of here.  Allen also asked if I would end up being one of those nurses I've complained about, the ones who could give a shit about anything except a paycheck.  I said no, I'd be one of the ones who cared too much and got burnt out that way.

Another degree.  Jennifer Gray, BA, MLIS, BSN, MSN.  It means nothing to me.  It seems to mean something to others.  It's really not hard once you figure out how to play the game.  Collect 'em all.  I suppose I'll eventually work my way up to collecting PhDs, though I refuse to teach.  "Those who can -- do," and all... And I hate children, no matter what their age.  Besides, most things can't be taught.

So I might as well collect the student loan debt.  I don't plan on leaving anyone behind who would have to cover it. 
Epiphany!

I miss playing Runescape.  But I still don't understand the "Dungeoneering" skill.  Lame.

Oh, I almost forgot: "There are a lot of Precious's in this world."  Direct quote from me.  You're welcome.  Runnin' with chicken. 

1 comment: