06 July 2010

"Guess what? I'm not a robot."

So I finally downloaded the entire Marina & the Diamonds album, Family Jewels.  I've been listening to a couple songs off this album for months but just now got the whole thing and it's brilliant.  My new favorite thing.


It's 4th of July weekend and I'm hating life.  It's so lonely here.  It's just me and Allen.  Most holidays are like this, especially here, so far away from everyone.  I wish we had friends and/or family to hang out with.  It's soo hot, too, so my plan to get drunk was slowed considerably because it's too hot to drink.

And we keep spending stupid amounts of money on dumb stuff when I want to put it all towards moving but instead I just keep spending it.  We spent $90 on two bags of food at Whole Foods today ($15 on cheese).  We spent about $90 a few days ago on two bags of food at Giant Eagle.  And it's not even stuff you can make a meal out of.  Plus the $225.68 we spent at Ikea yesterday.  I don't deny that we needed four shelves for the absurd amount of DVDs we own and I HAD TO HAVE a salad spinner but that was only $4.  We needed new plates cos the ones we were rockin' were the same one's we've had since we first moved in together in, like, 1997 (or was is 96?).  And we needed another duvet cover that wasn't flannel but was cheap cos Jonesy, bless him, tears up everything and the Sir throws up on the bed every other day.  He's only 10, I can't imagine how needy he's going to be at 14.  Jesus.  It sounds like I'm made out of money.  Guess what?  I'm not.  And there are all those trips we wanted to take.    

I'm busy brainstorming new story ideas for the character that I write about and ideas for blog posts.  Allen's suggested I post a playlist for whoever might read this.  Can't say anyone who reads this would like what I listen to, but who knows.  Trying to think of a new movie-related entry.  I thought I should do another crush list and Allen suggested I do one featuring ladies this time.  I'd tell you my real-time response to this suggestion but you'd think me wicked, I mean offensive.  There's only two ladies on the list so far and I'm not too impressed by either of them.

(Tip: Drinks are more effective if you use a large straw.)

So the above was from Sunday evening.  It's Tuesday morning now and I'm back at work.  The heatwave is on and our poor window unit in the bedroom struggled last night to keep us cool.  Around 8pm it was at least 86 degrees in our living room.  There were some bananas sitting around and it was so hot (how hot was it?) that it smelled like someone was baking banana bread.  That's how hot it was.  I hid in the bedroom and read about 100 pages of this book I picked up from one of the bargain tables at Barnes & Noble:


I LOVE books like this.  I didn't always; I WAS an English major after all.  Then I started writing my own fiction and it turned out to be more like the stuff above so now I try to read more books like this to figure out what works.  

I think I'm going to do a crush post about hot football (soccer) players.  I googled, don't laugh, "football hotties" and found out that quite a few people have already done this.  Not surprised, but I'm not sure I can round up over forty like this person did. We shall soon find out and it sounds like a good way to waste time at work.    

1 comment:

  1. girl, i am considering reading some of the 'gossip girl' books. no shame. i am also working on writing some kind of gossipy werewolf books?

    ReplyDelete