25 May 2010

PLEASE CAN WE... JUST CALM... THE FUCK... DOWN!

This will be brief.  I'm feeling overwhelmed.

So frazzled at work today.  I had to get up and walk away from my desk.  Well, it was time for lunch but I still have internet to catch up on.  Hopefully our computer will be ready later today.  Always from zero to swamped with no warning.  Same thing yesterday.  It certainly doesn't help that the precious gift of menstruation snuck up on me Sunday so I'm also in the throes of that monthly pleasure.  You're welcome. 

And  now there's the last minute trip east to worry about.  Which I am doing quite well, thank you.  I want to go but the anxiety is really kicking in and we're not leaving until THURSDAY AFTERNOON.  I'm worried about the car, my family's general lack of communication skills, seeing Allen's always cheerful family.

But I am looking forward to seeing Mike & Jeanne, Denis, Josh and Sal, I hope.  Whoever's around Philly.

The idea of trying to get there in time for a metal show at a place called Kung Fu Necktie is also anxiety inducing.  Why is it starting at 6pm?  Cos there are too many bands on the bill and there's another show at 11.  That's absurd.  I really want Allen to see Portal.  Irrationally want this to happen for some reason.  He couldn't get to the Cleveland show which is only two hours from here because of his job and now we can't get to this show on time because of his job.  They're constantly taking advantage of him.  (He's gonna hate this blog if I keep venting so much about his life.  But it affects me.)

Portal's cool and all as you can see here:



But I don't want to go to this show, don't know what else to do, though.  If you know what else I can do I'll be at 1248 N. Front St. this Thursday evening between 7pm and 8, probably closer to 8.  Come and get me.


In other news I've been slowly reverting to drinking too much and exercising not enough and it's starting to wear on me.  I'm really tired and lazy and justifying bad decisions like an idiot.  Not sure what's going on with that. 

On the plus side, it's been 6 months since I quit smoking.  Seriously, not one cigarette.  After 15 years.  Actually, it sounds less impressive when I add that tidbit.

Talk to you tomorrow, hopefully.  If things ever CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

1 comment:

  1. you WILL see us! We have a wedding in Brooklyn on Saturday but thurs, fri, and sun we'll be around!

    and congrats on quitting smoking!

    ReplyDelete