20 May 2010

"May you receive the world a little less than usual today."

So I have never really figured out how to build an "internet personality," a real-life one is hard enough.  I have warring factions in my psyche that simultaneously want and reject "followers."  This is actually exactly the same way my real life goes.  I want to have friends but at the same time I can't stand the thought of having to take someone else's feelings into consideration.  And I can't stand lying to "protect someone's feelings."  Fuck 'em.  Actually having real-life "followers" is EXACTLY what I want, just people who idolize me and don't care how I treat them in return.

God.  Listen to me.  I'm trying to find inspiration to be a... person, and I start off by ranting nihilistically.  Next I'll start sharing my thoughts on eugenics.

I want to write.  There, I said it.  Do I want to be a writer?  I haven't gotten that far.  I used to write, pages and pages, I have a tub full of old journals:

Miscarriage of Justice

And I'm sure they all run a little like this post here.  I don't know, I can't bring myself to ever look at them, other than the pictures.  I used to draw as well as write, it seems.  Then somewhere along the line I lost interest in both.  In most things really.  And I have my theories about why but they are mine and I can not share them with you at this time.  I have people's feelings to take into consideration. 

I initially wanted to blog about music, but then realized that everyone blogs about music, and most of them do it better than I ever could.  So instead I will blog about what I know: me.

Let's see what happens.  If you read this, please choose to follow it, and then tell others to do the same.  This will enable you to find out who has a secret crush on you.  Who knows, it may even be me!  

1 comment:

  1. growing up in a small shithole in florida, i started cultivating an internet presence as early as possible and ended up with a bunch of internet 'followers'. let me tell you, dog, it blows. i ended up freaking out about it and quitting 'blogging' after 10 years because it was so weird to have people at shows approach me or people comment obsessively on my entries and stuff when i actually couldn't understand why people i didn't know gave a shit what i ate for dinner or when i got diarrhea.

    i know i sound like eddie vedder complaining about his fame, but i also have the same feelings about this. like, i want attention and don't want to just shout into a void, but i also get weirded out super easily when i get the attention. the internet is weird.

    ReplyDelete