21 October 2010

Random Update

Currently shuffling the iPod and listening to late era Red Hot Chili Peppers.  "Minor Thing" off of By the Way (2002).  It's the song that has the annoying background noise that sounds like an old school phone ringing.  That's the one we had when I was growing up ➜

Seem to have dodged the overdraft bullet re: my phone bill. Spent too much money last paycheck and got way low on the checking account. Lower than I'm comfortable being. Assumed we were going to "gamble and lose" (that means poo in your pants usually) on the Verizon bill this month but didn't!!!

Watched Sleepaway Camp last night. I was sure it was a movie I'd seen at some point but after watching it I KNOW I've never seen it before. It's CRAYYYYGGGGGGGGEEEEEYYYYY!!! Lots of weird tranny stuff going on and there were some pedophile jokes right at the start. There's an extra long baseball sequence, some body-builder guy with HUGE boobs, the gayest outfit I've ever seen on a straight boy, and a wonderfully foul-mouthed semi-main character. The big deal about this movie is the ending, which you can pretty much figure out early on. The "baldies" pedophile business is really sticking with me for some reason. Oh how times have changes for ladies and their pubic hair. Here's the trailer. See it if you can, it's totally worth it!


Freelance Editing for Profit But Not Much Fun
I've been given this freelance editing gig that I'm supposed to be working on right now but I left the copy I was working from in my office so I decided to do this instead. Yay! Oncology and computers!

GWAR made an abrupt re-entry into my home life last night thanks to my husband. Something about a microwave and a "ribless" ass (his misheard lyric, not mine). How you think you can get away with rhyming "scumdog" with "cum-wad" is beyond me. But it did happen.

Here are some cool {groovy, right on, awesome, far out, peachy keen, cool beans, wicked, aced, terrific, neat, neato, bitchin', nifty, mad, brilliant, fab, bad, hot, cruisin', the max, the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees, great} music videos that have been rattling around in my brain for you kids to check out on your weekends:

"Are you wishing you were ugly like me?"
"Blame it on your father but you know he's dead."

"Being alone's the only way to be."
"I was made to believe there's something wrong with me."


And for those of you who remember 1992:

No comments:

Post a Comment