06 October 2010

A History of the Song "Tainted Love" Using Wikipedia and Other Sources, Part 3

Welcome to the third and final installment on the history of "Tainted Love." This installment will cover the years 2002 to the present.*

Except for this final entry from 2001, which has just become a serious contender for favorite "Tainted Love" cover. It's from Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester. Max Raabe is some lunatic German and he does this old-timey (20s/30s) affectation when he sings. Check this out!



The official video of Prozac+'s cover of "Tainted Love." From 2002. They're Italian "punk rock" or something.

Depending on your tolerance for rockabilly, Danny Dean & the Homewreckers covered also the song in 2002. No video available.

Ok, this cracks me up. I'm not unsure that this band isn't actually covering the Marilyn Manson cover. Night Shift, from 2002. They are from Serbia and did a whole album of covers called Undercovers.



3 from 2003:

The Hormonauts: Italian Psychobilly. What's worse than rockabilly? Psychobilly. Enjoy.



The Go Getters are, of course, rockabilly. This time from Sweden. Yay, 2003!

 

And finally, Static X? Let's Google Static X. Oh, wow, that guy has some dumb-ass hair! Static X? Maybe. It's some kinda of "techno remix" that may or may not be related to Static X. Comparing this to this... Well, maybe. I think I'm gonna be nu metal sick.   

2004 was a little light in the "Tainted Love" covers department. I only found two.  First is Janelle Sadler. This is enough to make you double sick. So after the Static X experiment, I now feel triple sick. I didn't know this would be so painful!

And also from 2004: Thomas Schumacher. That's better. Thank you, Thomas, for "Tainted Schall." This is actually a remix, but I needed it to cleanse my palate after the two previous entries.



And, now ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce... The PUSSYCAT DOLLS!!! From 2005. Jesus. I'm glad I missed this the first time around.



Paul Young, 2006. "Tainted Love" swings.



Milk Inc. 2006. What is up with all these shitty "musicians" covering this song?



*You know what? I can't take it anymore! I just thought this would be a fun research project but it's turned out to be really depressing. It's like every shitty cornball on the planet has covered this song at some point. People are so lame. I've got other posts I want to work on so...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment