15 September 2010

GACK!

Jesus christos. I've been VERY absent from the internet since right before vacation. And I've loved it! I've been feeling very protective of my crazy lately and not sure if you deserve to share it.

Every once in a while I'll think I want to share with you then I think, "aw, fuck it." I'm still bitter and jealous and angry and anxious and slightly paranoid but with fewer panic attacks and more of a sense of propriety and boundaries. And it's destroying my blog!

Went to "Rehobo" (pretty sure I'm the only one who calls it this) Beach last week and had a lovely time. Okay, so I was pretty much my usual wreck of a self for most of the trip, especially the camping portion, but by Thursday I had started to calm down. Of course we were leaving on Friday. Figures. I think I only cried twice.

We camped one night at Cape Henelopen and were positively DEVOURED by mosquitoes! I had 12 bites on my back (and I was wearing a shirt!) 5 bites on my SKULL, 3 on my legs and only 1 on my arm. It was awful. Plus one on my big toe and one on my pinky. So we packed up the next day and got the fuck out of there.

As a tribute to my youth, I convinced Allen that we should get a room for one night at the EconoLodge.  
It was a treat. There were various stains on various things but it was awesome compared to camping. And the pool was quite pleasant.

The next two nights we spent at the Sands on the boardwalk. Another lovely pool.
I'll tell you a secret: We both peed in the pool at the Sands!  Naughty! And GROSS!

We got pretty drunk at the Dogfish Head Brewpub in town and on the way back we both got overly excited about a shop called "Downtown Cowgirl," imagining it was some crazy sexual position. We were standing in front of the shop giggling and taking pictures of the logo when this younger couple walked by and the woman said, "I think they're drunk!" Cue more giggling.
That's about all I have for you right now, I am, as Holly Golightly would say, just trying "to keep my hand in" at this point while I continue to work on reinventing my life. Maybe I'll move to the beach.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. i've missed your entries ! i have to admit that i also love peeing in a pool, or the ocean, or in other peoples' purses.

    ReplyDelete