09 December 2009

iTunes Essentials: A-J

Going through iTunes Essentials to see if I'm missing some necessary music cos I like to do that periodically.  So far, no, I don't seem to be missing anything important.  Bush?  I don't remember any of this.  I know I had Sixteen Stone, I think...

Who are these people that they have "Essentials?"  I definitely remember knowing some Catherine Wheel, "Ferment" (1992) specifically.  Oh, right, they kinda suck. And the Charlatans, known as the Charlatans UK over here, also suck.  Is that specific enough?

Chevelle?  Who?

And should I bother learning about Alex Chilton or just stick with the Replacements song "Alex Chilton?"  I think I have my answer.

Ew, Shawn Colvin.  I think I just threw up a little in my own mouth. 

Yeah, I don't know Crystal Method.  The Cult on the other hand I've always liked and Cypress Hill has always made me feel a little uncomfortable because of a friend I had in high school.  One of the main things that sticks out in my memory about her is that when it was hot outside she liked to drive her dad's car with the a/c on high and the windows down.

Let's see if I know any Dandy Warhols's songs: nope.

Oh, look, the Descendents.  Never really liked them.  There was one song I really liked but I can never remember what it was or from which album.  It wasn't Suburban Home or Clean Sheets.  Thank you iTunes, it was something from "I Don't Want to Grow Up" but I'm still not sure which song.  Guess I didn't like it all that much.  Maybe it was "Good Good Things."

No matter.  There is one Celine Dion song I liked once.  I was drunk at a drag show in New Orleans and it was definitely a dance remix...  Ima have to give that one up.  No idea.

I still don't get why we have to call The Beat "The English Beat," whoever the regular "Beat" was, they don't have an iTunes Essentials.

Ah, Faces.  We're (meaning me) back to them.  I really like Faces, I do.  I just don't like listening to them.

And does anyone actually like the Flaming Lips or do you just say you do?  They're just as bad as Phish if you ask me.

Bored.  Only in the G's.  But it stinks over here where I'm sitting.  What song did Ginuwine do?  Oh, right.  Pony.  Gross.

Really?  GOLDFRAPP?  C'mon!

Hall & Oates.  If you still haven't seen it: Yacht Rock.   

You know what?  I don't think I ever really got the whole Manchester (Madchester) music scene.  What I'm trying to say is that I don't like the Happy Mondays. But I do like some Stone Roses, James, Inspiral Carpets songs for what that's worth which is not much.

Is "Galileo" better than "Closer to Fine?"  Did I just ask that?  And is it still too soon to listen to INXS?  "Never Tear Us Apart?"  How did Ja Rule ever... ?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment